By now pretty much everyone has heard of the site that promotes having an affair. You sign-up and pay a fee to talk to someone else that is considering an affair. I believe the cost is almost always paid by the man because the site needed to get more women to sign-up.
By now we also know the cost of Ashley Madison isn’t the fee they charge. It is:
- the life of the pastor that just committed suicide
- the hundreds of people that are resigning their ministry positions. Leaving thousands of people hurt.
- the kids that will now have to see their dad every other weekend
- the spouses’ that are dealing with life changing pain
- the divorces that will be filed and led to hurt and more financial cost
The cost is great. I would encourage this scandal to be a warning for all of us. Get accountability, marital counseling, marriage books, etc.
I am reminded of this verse that helps to put in perspective the real cost of an affair:
Proverbs 22:1 – A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold.