I thought I would start a series that I’ve seen only on social media by being thankful for that medium.
I know there is a ton of negatives to each individual social media platform. My life has so greatly benefited from Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and the others that those really don’t matter to me.
- I’m thankful that I can connect with people that I never get to see. My mom, dad, brother, family, and friends can see my kids grow up through pictures and stories. This one thing should make us thankful that we live in this day and age.
- I’m thankful that if I need to learn how to do something I can watch it on YouTube. I rarely do this, but still glad it is there.
- I’m thankful that I can interact with people that have the same hobbies, likes, and passions as me. Where else would this happen outside of church and conventions?
- I’m thankful that I can buy, sell, and trade things through Facebook. God has used this to provide for us.
- I’m thankful that hashtags are free marketing for my eBay store.
- I’m thankful that I can keep up with the Tennessee game through Twitter.
- I’m thankful that I can see pictures of old friends on Instagram.
- I’m thankful that companies interact better on Twitter than any other customer service line that I’ve found.
- I’m thankful that Facebook shows me all the things to do in my community and city. It helps me to provide memory makers for my family.
Let us be thankful for the good things that come from social media this season.