I get asked to share a bit about myself frequently these days. So I thought I’d make a list of 10 things you might not know about me:
- I was challenged to a UFC match by a former WWE and WCW Heavyweight Champion in Memphis, TN. It was the first time I had ever met him and we were working out at a gym. I declined the match.
- I’m a huge fan of Broadway shows. I’ve seen several in a variety of different cities. I use Broadway Pandora channels during my cardio workouts at the gym.
- I’ve been to the top roller coaster theme park in the world 4 times – Cedar Point – and never rode any of the top roller coasters. I even took a group of students and adults through the park to make sure they rode all 17 coasters.
- I’ve been all over Disney World including the first floor of the Magic Kingdom known at the Utilidors. I know a lot of Disney history and how the parks function.
- While spending time at the Waffle House Museum in Atlanta I met a kind, elderly gentlemen. He was one of the 2 founders of the Waffle House and he still goes in to work almost everyday. He was 95 years old when I met him. Probably the wealthiest person I’ve ever hugged.
- I walk between 4-6 5ks each year. Since I’ve been trying to save money over the past couple of years I’ve started volunteering instead of walking. I walk almost as much as a volunteer as I did when doing the race. Nothing like being part of a large race.
- NBA basketball is my favorite event to watch in person. Yes even more than football.
- When I was 19 years old my childhood home burned to the ground. I was the last person out before it was engulfed in flames. It was a total loss. 2 years later we lost the home that replaced it due to financial issues.
- Over the past year, I’ve become a Power Seller on eBay. Before 2014, I’d never sold anything on the website. Now I give advice to people on how to use eBay including navigating their rules and policies.
- I’m a member of Bobblehead Addicts. This is a group of men and women that collect bobbleheads. Some of these people literally have priceless collections of bobbleheads. I have several bobbleheads, but can’t imagine spending what some do on these figures.